Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Not sure where I picked up this recipe. I like the addition of oats and nuts which a lot of other coconut cookie recipes don't have. I don't like too much coconut so the oats and nuts tone down the coconut taste. I usually toast the coconut and nuts while preheating the oven.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugars until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla, beat well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Fold in oats, coconut and nuts.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10-11 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 2-3 minutes before removing to a wire rack.