Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Ahh,yes,another lovely, unique,& tasty bread recipe 8)
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups flaked coconut, toasted
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- Heat oven 350.
- Grease& flour a 9x5x3" loafpan.
- (dont forget to toast the coconut!).
- In a large mixing bowl,combine the first 5 ingredients.
- Make a well in the center of dough.
- Combine the other ingredients and add to doughy mixture.
- Stir until mixture is evenly moistened.
- Place dough in the prepared loafpan.
- Bake for 1 hour,or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- After removing,let cool on a wire rack.
I baked it for an hour, toothpick tested OK. When I cut in half to store, the center was raw!
This recipe produces a moist, rich, and undeniably delicious loaf. I had to use vanilla extract as I didn't have coconut, but other than that I followed the recipe to a T. I added a few chocolate chips, which just added to the decadence. Thanks so much for this absolutely delicious recipe--it will be made again and again here!
Great recipe...I also used almond extract, but will go with the coconut next time to have more coconut flavour.