Recipe by Baby Kato
I hope you will enjoy these unique biscuits. The biscuits have a nice delicate banana flavour. To make this sweeter you could add 1/4 cup of milk chocolate or butterscotch chips. Serve these with a simple fruit salad, you will not be disappointed.
Top Review by Lalaloula
Thumbs up, BK!!!! This recipe is awesome! The dough comes together quickly and easily and the bikkies come out heavenly! Loved their soft texture with a nice crunchy crust. The flavour combination of the toasted coconut with the sweet banana and vanilla is superb! Mmmm!
I made half the recipe using all whole spelt flour and upping the coconut. This way I ended up with 7 large bikkies, which were instantly devoured. :)
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this keeper with us!
Made and reviewed for the Aussie/NZ Recipe Swap #46 November 2010.
- 2 cups white flour
- 1 tablespoon fine sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cold
- 3⁄4 cup milk, cold
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large banana, mashed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine, flour, sugar, baking powder, soda, salt and coconut in a large bowl.
- Cut in butter until crumbly, set aside.
- Add the milk, vanilla and banana together.
- Make a well in the center of the flour bowl and pour in milk mixture.
- Stir to moisten only.
- Drop dough by spoonful onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Serve hot.