Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I hope you will enjoy these unique biscuits. The biscuits have a nice delicate banana flavour. To make this sweeter you could add 1/4 cup of milk chocolate or butterscotch chips. Serve these with a simple fruit salad, you will not be disappointed.
- 2 cups white flour
- 1 tablespoon fine sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cold
- 3⁄4 cup milk, cold
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large banana, mashed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine, flour, sugar, baking powder, soda, salt and coconut in a large bowl.
- Cut in butter until crumbly, set aside.
- Add the milk, vanilla and banana together.
- Make a well in the center of the flour bowl and pour in milk mixture.
- Stir to moisten only.
- Drop dough by spoonful onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Thumbs up, BK!!!! This recipe is awesome! The dough comes together quickly and easily and the bikkies come out heavenly! Loved their soft texture with a nice crunchy crust. The flavour combination of the toasted coconut with the sweet banana and vanilla is superb! Mmmm!
I made half the recipe using all whole spelt flour and upping the coconut. This way I ended up with 7 large bikkies, which were instantly devoured. :)
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this keeper with us!
Made and reviewed for the Aussie/NZ Recipe Swap #46 November 2010.
Wow I loved these! I used really ripe bananas and the flavour was awesome! I also added some cinnamon because I love it, but I don't think you need to add anything to this recipe it's delicious and low in sugar which makes great school snacks for the kids! Thanks SO much this is going in my regular recipes for sure
Not quite enough banana flavor for us. May try with 2 bananas and less milk next time. (or replace vanilla with banana extract). The biscuit was nice and light, though, and we liked the pieces of coconut in them.