Top Review by Lorac
The very minute I saw this recipe, I ran to the cupboard to see if I had any canned clams. I had one, so I made a third of the recipe. I used regular Worcestershire and minced the onions. I had a homestyle bread, about 4x4 inches trimmed, so 1/3 the recipe = 8 Thingies. Too bad DH was home, I could have eaten them all! This recipe should be named "Toasted Clam Dreams". I have since stocked up on canned clams! Thanks Miller.
- 1 loaf thinly sliced white bread
- 3 (6 ounce) cans clams, drained
- 1⁄3 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 6 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients except bread and butter.
- Cut crusts off bread and roll each slice with a rolling pin until very thin.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon of mixture on each slice of bread and roll it up like a jellyroll.
- Brush with butter, arrange about 1 inch apart on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 425°F for approximately 12 minutes, until lightly browned.