Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A crunchy, zesty party mix. It does make a lot, so be sure you have people around to help you eat it up.
- 6 ounces Rice Chex
- 6 1⁄2 ounces Kix cereal
- 6 ounces Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 2 cups pecan pieces
- 1 lb unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 1 (8 ounce) box Cheez-It crackers
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 cup melted margarine
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the cereals, Cheezits and nuts.
- In another bowl, mix the seasonings with the melted margarine.
- Pour over the cereal mixture and stir to coat the cereal evenly.
- Spread out mixture on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325° for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Store in an airtight jar or plastic container.
- This mix tastes best if you make it 3 or 4 days ahead.
I did NOT use the pecans (personal preference), but otherwise I made as instructed. This was AWESOME! I made this for a snack for my oldest child's class. They loved it!! Thanks for the recipe.
Been looking for this recipe for ages...my husband and I love it but I had lost the recipe and didn't know what it was, exactly...so it never tasted quite right. This is perfect...My MinL used to make it every time we were there, kids loved it too. She died...I didn't have the recipe...now I do! Thanks again..Omaelaine