Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Recipe courtesy of Giada Delaurentis put here for safe-keeping.
Make and share this Toasted Cecchi, Almonds, and Pistachios recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans (cecchi beans)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup shelled pistachios
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaf
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leave
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the garbanzo beans on a foil-lined baking sheet. Toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and spread the beans in a single layer. Place in the oven and bake until golden, about 30 minutes.
- Remove the garbanzo beans from the oven. Add the remaining ingredients to the garbanzo beans and carefully stir to coat all the beans and nuts. Spread the mixture out to a single layer.
- Bake for 10 more minutes.
- Let cool slightly and place in serving bowls.
I made two batches of this for Christmas, and then canned individual servings in small jars. It's sooo yummy and truly addicting! The rosemary and thyme make all the difference, so be sure not to leave it out! It's a perfect tv-watching snack :)