Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I know...I know. To simple. And that's why it is so perfect. Isn't it nice to just slap an easy lunch thats tasty and quick together sometimes. A nice luncheon snack for you and or your children on a nice Saturday afternoon. Not for the health conscious but tasty never-the-less.
- 1 can Starkist tuna (or your fav. brand)
- 1 egg, boiled (optional)
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 1 green bell pepper (diced)
- 2 tablespoons salad dressing
- 4 slices kraft cheese
- 8 slices soft bread
- NOTE: FEEL FREE TO ADD ANY OTHER VEGEYS OF YOUR CHOICE.
- OR NONE AT ALL.
- Mix tuna, egg, onion, bell pepper and salad dressing together.
- Place between 2 slices of bread with cheese.
- Toast in a buttered skillet (use amount suggested or more to your liking) until nice and golden brown.
- Repeat steps if desired.
- NOTE: DO NOT HAVE TO USE BUTTER, CAN JUST TOAST REGULAR IN TOASTER OVEN OR SKILLET.
- THE CHEESE SHOULD BE NICE AND MELTY WHEN FINISHED.
Yes !!! This is simple, but it provides just enough structure to become the ideal base for a session of refrigerator sweep.It is obvious that the author understands that cooking is a creative sport, and that there is nothing wrong with easy.
I made these for lunch the other day. Very delicious. The only thing I added was some salt and pepper. Simple is usually better and these sandwiches were heaven. I grilled them in a skillet with a little melted butter. Bueno!!
Just tried these for breaky this morning, not bad, in fact, really good!!, couple of changes, used English muffins and asiago cheese, because that's what I had around. also added a dash of cayenne pepper, and cut it back for the 2 of us. It's a keeper!! Thanks for sharing,