- 4 slice Italian bread or 4 slice French bread, thinly sliced
- 2 roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 14.79 ml olive oil, for drizzling
- 2.46-4.92 ml za'atar spice mix
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast the bread in a toaster until crispy & golden but not very dark.
- Spread the tomato slices over the bread so it is covered. Drizzle olive oil over the tomatoes then brush with a basting brush to spread. Sprinkle the za'atar & salt over the tomatoes.
- Place the bread on a baking sheet then put in the oven on broil. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the edges of the bread start to darken & the tomatoes start to soften.
- Note: Watch carefully to make sure the bread doesn't burn. Serve warm.