Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This makes a delicious side for steak or pasta.
- 4 slice Italian bread or 4 slice French bread, thinly sliced
- 2 roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 14.79 ml olive oil, for drizzling
- 2.46-4.92 ml za'atar spice mix
- salt, to taste
- Toast the bread in a toaster until crispy & golden but not very dark.
- Spread the tomato slices over the bread so it is covered. Drizzle olive oil over the tomatoes then brush with a basting brush to spread. Sprinkle the za'atar & salt over the tomatoes.
- Place the bread on a baking sheet then put in the oven on broil. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the edges of the bread start to darken & the tomatoes start to soften.
- Note: Watch carefully to make sure the bread doesn't burn. Serve warm.
I had this for snack the other day and it was perfect. Love the z'taar spice
Bought fresh French bread and tomatoes at the farmers market this morning and then rushed home to enjoy this nice healthy snack. Made as written, only did not measure the zaatar spice just sprinkled it on. Thanks for the fresh healthy post.