Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
Taken from Cook's Ilustrated. Toast the bread as close as possible to the time at which you plan to assemble the bruschetta. If you prefer, grill the bread. After trimming the ends, you should have 8 to 10 slices.
- 1 loaf country bread, about 12 by 5 inches,cut crosswise into 1 inch thick pieces,ends discarded
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (preferably extra-virgin)
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- Adjust oven rack to about 4 inches from heating element and heat broiler.
- Broil bread slices until golden brown on both sides.
- Brush both sides of each slice with oil and rub with garlic clove.