Recipe by Manami
What could be better than putting chocolate on everything? Sprinkling the melted chocolate with sea salt and extra-virgin olive oil, Chef Ferran Adria turns kid food into something parents will want to try. From Fast Times with Ferran Adria, Food & Wine Magazine, 02/05 edition.
- 1 baguette (sliced into 16 thin slices)
- 4 ounces bar bittersweet chocolate, cut into 16 pieces
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- coarse sea salt, for sprinkling
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the broiler and position a rack 8 inches from the heat.
- Spread the baguette slices on a baking sheet and broil until toasted, about 30 seconds.
- Turn the slices over and set a square of chocolate on each one.
- Broil just until the bread is golden and the chocolate is beginning to melt (about 30 seconds).
- Transfer the chocolate toasts to plates and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Lightly sprinkle sea salt on the chocolate and serve right away.