Recipe by Sassy Cat
Different side dish from Betty Crocker, High in fiber and low in fat. Add Chicken or Turkey for a complete meal.
- 1⁄2 cup pearl barley, uncooked
- 14 1⁄2 ounces beef broth, fat free
- 1⁄2 cup white onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mixed mushrooms, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dill weed, dried
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 10-inch skillet and a 2-quart. casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook barley in skillet over medium heat about 8 minutes, stirring constantly, until light brown.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except green onions; heat to boiling.
- Transfer mixture to casserole.
- Cover and bake about 60 to 75 minutes or until barley is tender.
- Sprinkle with green onions.