Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a great and easy snack or party food to prepare.
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red chili pepper, split
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, whole
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat the oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat for a couple of minutes until nice and hot.
- Add the chile and cook for about 1 minute, infusing the oil with its flavor.
- Add the almonds and coat them completely with the chile oil, about 2 minutes.
- Put the pan in the oven and roast for 15 minutes or until the nuts are toasty and fragrant.
- Remove the almonds to a plate lined with paper towels and sprinkle with the salt while still hot.
9/11/09: I made these almonds for my mum and dad as a week end surprise. The recipe was very easy and quick to put together and while toasting in the oven the nuts smelled just heavenly! If the smell is anything to go by, Im sure these will be a definite 5 stars! But I wont assign any until I hear back from my parents' how the taste was. The only change I made was to use 1/2 cup oil for 1/2 pound (not 1/2 cup) nuts and that way I still had a few tbs leftover after toasting. THANKS SO MUCH for sharing this wonderful recipe with us, invictus! Made and reviewed for Everyday Is a Holiday Tag Game November 09. Update 11/18/09: My mum and dad are very happy about these nuts! :) They say they are a perfect slightly hot treat for a nice cool beer after work.
Excellent. This will be a great addition to holiday nut assortments!