Prep 40 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a wonderful soup created by the famous Indian Chef Sanjeev Kapoor. It was published in Young Times in Dec'2004. You will love the colour of this once its ready. Enjoy!
- 400 g broccoli, cut into florets and washed thoroughly
- 10 -12 almonds
- 4 cups water vegetable stock
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 inches celery, chopped
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- white pepper powder
- Soak the chopped broccoli in salted water for 10-15 minutes. Drain well.
- Broil or dry roast the almonds on medium heat till the skin changes colour slightly.
- Remove from heat and once they cool, slice them into slivers.
- Heat water or vegetable stock with onion, garlic and celery together in a pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Toss in the broccoli florets and cook, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or till the broccoli is just done.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Puree in a blender.
- Add milk and blend in the blender.
- Mix thoroughly, then pour this mixture back into the pot and bring to a boil again.
- Add salt and white pepper powder.
- Stir in toasted slivers of almond and serve hot.
- Enjoy :).