2 hrs 30 mins
2 hrs 5 mins
Source: Betty Crocker
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups sliced almonds
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box Betty Crocker super moist white cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans).
- 2Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
- 3In shallow pan, bake almonds 6 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown: cool 15 minutes.
- 4Reserve 1 cup almonds for garnish.
- 5In food processor, grind remaining almonds until finely ground.
- 6In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil, eggs and almond extract with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds.
- 7Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally (Batter will be lumpy.)
- 8Fold in ground almonds.
- 9Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- 10Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 11Cool 10 minutes.
- 12Remove from pan to cooling rack.
- 13Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- 14In 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- 15Stir in brown sugar.
- 16Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- 17Reduce heat to low; boil and stir 2 minutes.
- 18Stir in milk.
- 19Heat to boiling.
- 20Remove from heat.
- 21Cool to lukewarm, about 30 minutes.
- 22Gradually stir powdered sugar into brown sugar mixture.
- 23Place saucepan of frosting in bowl of cold water.
- 24Beat with spoon until smooth and spreadable.
- 25If frosting becomes too stiff, stir in additional milk, 1 teaspoon at a time.
- 26Frost a few cupcakes at a time with 1 tablespoon frosting each; press reserved almonds lightly into frosting.
- 27Store loosely covered at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Toasted Almond Cupcakes With Caramel Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 267.5
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 33.7 mg
- Sodium 191.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 28.4 g
- Protein 2.9 g