Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This fancy chicken dish has a wonderful rich cream sauce. This is a good dish to serve to company.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) package sliced almonds, toasted
- Place chicken between two pieces of heavy-duty plastic wrap and flatten to 1/4-inch thickness by using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Melt 1 1/2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add half of chicken and cook 2 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Remove chicken from skillet.
- Repeat with remaining butter and chicken and.
- Reduce heat to medium; add whipping cream and next 3 ingredients, stirring well.
- Add chicken back into pan; sprinkle with almonds.
- Cook 8 minutes more or until sauce thickens.