Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
This is a easy and quick tasty side.
- 4 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 lb broccoli floret
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a nonstick skillet on medium heat and add almonds.
- Saute 1 minute or until almonds are golden, not brown.
- Remove and set aside.
- Place broccoli in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 4 minutes.
- Remove and add oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss well.
- Sprinkle almonds on top.
I made this for my in-laws one Sunday evening, now every Sunday evening they ask for "That Broccoli Dish." I didn't think something so simple would be such a pleaser. Thankyou.
We eat broccoli quite often, & your recipe gives me a wonderful & easy, new way to prepare it! A keeper, for sure! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in Healthy Choices ABC recipe tag]