Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Mmmm, chocolate, almonds, and dried berries, what a mix! Adapted from a Nestles Chocolate wrapper.
Make and share this Toasted Almond Berry Bark recipe from Food.com.
- LINE 8-inch baking pan with wax paper.
- Microwave chocolate in small, dry, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 45 seconds; stir. Pieces may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until melted.
- Pour onto a cookie sheet. Sprinkle with almonds and fruit. Tap pan several times to spread chocolate and settle almonds and fruit.
- Refrigrate for about 1 hour or until firm.
- Break into pieces. Store in airtight container at room temperature. Enjoy!
- Recipe makes 1/2 pound bark.
Chocolatey yummmness!! :-D I want to say first off that it didn't really work for me, but I'm certain it was mainly my own error. I think I was a tad impatient nuking the chocolate- I did use 45 second intervals, stirring in between, but I should have done it more slowly because the chocolate seemed to dry out and was becoming almost crumbly. I thought "Uh-oh, this isn't good" and decided the best thing was to add a tiny bit of soymilk, which made it smooth enough to spread, with some difficulty, in the pan. It wasn't liquid enough for the almonds and cran/cherries to stick much, so what I didn't press in with a spoon crumbled off. I think I'll stick to melting chocolate in a double broiler from now on- slow but safer! And BTW it still firmed up and tastes amazing, so it's no wasted experiment. Thanks so much for posting, Sharon!
Yum-O!! I whizzed up a bunch of these after supper tonight for our evening snack and how yummy they are. I think they are even better than the Nestle chocolate bar! I used Ghirardeli 60% bittersweet chocolate baking chips which melt really nicely in the microwave without having to chop them first and used the dried cranberries since that's what I had on hand. The berries offer a nice tartness to offset the rich dark chocolate and salty nuts!