Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I came up with this recipe to accomodate my sister who won't touch liver. I think that this recipe has an authentic "pate'ness (!) about it. This recipe is best made a day ahead. Try to keep from tasting it constantly. Trust that it will be very good.
- 1 cup almonds, toasted
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 lb fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup real butter, soft
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup madeira wine or 1⁄4 cup port wine, may need more
- 2 tablespoons butter, soft
- 3 green onions, sliced for garnishing
- Grind almonds in food processor until fine, set aside.
- Saute' the garlic and mushrooms in the 1/4 cup butter over medium heat until liquid evaporates. Add salt, thyme, pepper and 3 T. Madeira or Port. Simmer until mushrooms are dry.
- Puree' mushroom mixture in food processor with the almonds. Blend in the 2 T. butter. Thin to desired consistency with remaining Madeira or Port.
- Turn into a serving dish. Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes to blend flavors.
- Garnish with chopped green onions before serving.
- Good served with crackers, bread or raw vegies.