This is an easy sandwich to put together, that we like to have for brunch, but it can be eaten at any time. It is especially good in the summer when the tomatoes have lots of flavor.
- Toast the bread slices, and while still warm, spread both pieces of toast with some or all of the butter.
- Take one slice of buttered toast and spread with some or all of the cream cheese.
- Top with thin slices of tomatoes.
- Add salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Top with the other slice of buttered toast.
- Eat at once.
Mmmhh!! This was a VERY easy and satisfying sandwich!! I was tempted to add some bacon and lettuce to make it a BLT, but wanted to see how this tasted as it was supposed to be. Not dissappointed at all!!
Occ the simplest of recipes can be among lifes satisfying pleasures & such was the case when I made this sandwinch for my brunch today. I used whole wheat bread + a black pepper & seasoning salt combo. Some fresh-snipped chives might be an excellent add here, but I liked it a lot as written. Made for PAC - Fall 2007 & thx for sharing your recipe w/us.