1/3 Photos of Toast With Shrimp & Roe (Toast Skagen)
ZWT7 Switzerland. This is a very festive and popular starter. It's not cheap - both good shrimps, preferably from the waters around Smögen island and good roe are required. But if you are looking for that special starter for a special occasion, then this is very elegant, good-looking and delicious. This beautiful appetiser was developed by Dr Tore Wretman (1916-2003), who served a version of this dish in his Stockholm restaurant in 1958. Posted on http://nami-nami.blogspot.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 slice of good-quality white bread, crusts removed
- butter (for frying)
- 300 g peeled cooked shrimp (fresh is best) or 300 g prawns (fresh is best)
- 73.94 ml mayonnaise
- 14.79 ml Dijon mustard
- 29.58-44.37 ml finely chopped fresh dill (and extra for garnishing)
- 100-150 g fish roe (bleak or whitefish)
- one lemon, quartered
- 1Melt the butter on a frying pan and sauté the bread slices on both sides until golden. Place on a kitchen paper to drain excess fat.
- 2Drain the shrimps, cut into smaller pieces (optional; I left them whole, as they look prettier).
- 3Mix mayonnaise, mustard and dill, fold in the shrimps. Taste for seasoning - if necessary, add some salt and pepper.
- 4Spoon the mixture on top of the bread slices.
- 5Garnish with a large spoonful of caviar and some dill. Serve with a lemon quarter.
Browse Our Top High Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Toast With Shrimp & Roe (Toast Skagen)
Serving Size: 1 (129 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 265.8
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 256.5 mg
- Sodium 1034.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 24.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: