Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe has been posted here for play in ZWT9 - Scandinavia. This recipe is from website: missmaud.com.au It sounds wonderful to me. Swedish food tends to be influenced by the seasons with the spicing and cooking; often reflecting the storage needs of the peasant communities of old, as in pickled herring, freshly salted or smoked meat, or dairy products that have been curdled, boiled or left to mature.
- 4 slices white bread
- 320 g shrimp, peeled, cooked
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 150 g white fish roe (fish eggs)
- 50 g fresh dill
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Cut off the crusts of the bread slices.
- Saute the bread in a little butter until they are golden brown on both sides, drain on paper towels.
- If the shrimps are large, cut into smaller pieces.
- Save 4 sprigs of dill for garnish. Finely chop the rest of the dill and mix with the shrimp, mayonnaise and mustard.
- Divide the mixture into 4, and place on top of the bread slices.
- Shape the whitefish roe on top of each toast and garnish eash with a sprig of dill and serve with a wedge of lemon.