Baby Kato's Note:
This recipe has been posted here for play in ZWT9 - Scandinavia. This recipe is from website: missmaud.com.au It sounds wonderful to me. Swedish food tends to be influenced by the seasons with the spicing and cooking; often reflecting the storage needs of the peasant communities of old, as in pickled herring, freshly salted or smoked meat, or dairy products that have been curdled, boiled or left to mature.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut off the crusts of the bread slices.
- 2Saute the bread in a little butter until they are golden brown on both sides, drain on paper towels.
- 3If the shrimps are large, cut into smaller pieces.
- 4Save 4 sprigs of dill for garnish. Finely chop the rest of the dill and mix with the shrimp, mayonnaise and mustard.
- 5Divide the mixture into 4, and place on top of the bread slices.
- 6Shape the whitefish roe on top of each toast and garnish eash with a sprig of dill and serve with a wedge of lemon.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Toast Skagen - Swedish - Prawn Toast
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.2
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 260.1 mg
- Sodium 820.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 22.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: