1/7 Photos of Toast Hawaii - Open Faced Sandwich for a Snack or Dinner
Toast Hawaii is to Germans as Grilled Cheese is to Americans. Universally understood, you could order this little snack in any restaurant, even if not on the menu. The version of Toast Hawaii shown here can be dressed up if you wish, but it is tasty plain, too. Serves as many as you want. Count on one or two sandwiches per person. From about.com and posted for ZWT6.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For each sandwich
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Lightly butter both sides of the bread and place on cookie sheet.
- 3Layer ham then pineapple on one slice of bread.
- 4Sprinkle with marjoram and top with cheese.
- 5Bake for 7 to 12 minutes or until cheese is melted and sandwich is heated through.
- 6Serve hot.
- 7NOTE: The Germans eat this with a knife and fork. Try this with mayonnaise instead of butter (top side only), or 1000 Island or Ranch dressing. Serve with a fried egg for breakfast, or a salad for lunch or dinner.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Toast Hawaii - Open Faced Sandwich for a Snack or Dinner
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 383.1
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 52.3 mg
- Sodium 1043.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 17.4 g
- Protein 18.6 g