Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
We made these "blintzes" at religious school. I liked them so much that now I make them at home.
- 16 slices sandwich bread
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup drained low fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- butter, melted
- cinnamon sugar
- preheat oven to 375.
- Mix cottage cheese, cinnamon, and sugar.
- Cut 3" rounds into each slice of bread using a cookie cutter.
- Brush top edge of all bread rounds with milk.
- Place 2 tsp cottage cheese mixture in center of one round.
- Place a plain, milk brushed round down over cheese mixture. Press edges together.
- Brush tops with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake on cookie sheet in hot oven about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
This is great kid food. I didn't care for it, but I don't like sweet things mixed with my cottage cheese. My daughter ate this right up she's 2. My son thought it was pretty good. My son who's 8 made these (with my help). So it's a great recipe to get the kids into the kitchen with! Thanks so much! Made for Fall PAC 2008
These are little gems. So very easy, so very tasty. Will have these again for a quick breakfast. Thnx for posting. Made for Spring 2008 PAC.
I made a few of these to try for *Pick A Chef~Spring 2007* These were cute and easy to make. I think it would be a good recipe to involve kids in the kitchen. They are sweet and the cinammon sugar is perfect on the outside. Thank you for sharing your recipe!