Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A wonderful comfort food. Sausages nestled in Yorkshire pudding. Enjoyed be everyone. Easy to make and inexpensive.
- Sift flour and salt into a bowl.
- Add beaten egg, along with some of the milk; beat for a minute or two.
- Add remaining milk.
- Place the batter mixture into the refrigerator for an hour or so to get really cold.
- Preheat oven 420 degrees Fahrenheit (210 degrees Celsius).
- Use a medium roasting dish and place oil in the pan.
- Heat in the oven until the oil is really hot; if you flick a spot or two of water in the oil and it really sizzles then it is hot enough.
- Quickly pour in all the batter and add the sausages, spaced a bit apart.
- Cook for 30 to 40 minutes .
- Lovely served with fresh vegetables of your choice and a gravy. I often freeze gravy to use with this type of dish.
Delicious version of toad in the hole. I loved it as did the rest of the family
This was really good! I used my 8"x8" pyrex pan, and it was only just big enough. We got 4 very filling servings. For Culinary Quest Munching Minions
Joy, this was great! I have made it twice now and the family can't eat it fast enough!! The first time I left it in for a bit too long and the pudding part browned too much, but the second attempt was perfect. I served it with a thyme and onion gravy and a simple green salad on the side. Thanks for a great recipe!