1/4 Photos of Toad in the Hole - Traditional
A wonderful comfort food. Sausages nestled in Yorkshire pudding. Enjoyed be everyone. Easy to make and inexpensive.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift flour and salt into a bowl.
- 2Add beaten egg, along with some of the milk; beat for a minute or two.
- 3Add remaining milk.
- 4Place the batter mixture into the refrigerator for an hour or so to get really cold.
- 5Preheat oven 420 degrees Fahrenheit (210 degrees Celsius).
- 6Use a medium roasting dish and place oil in the pan.
- 7Heat in the oven until the oil is really hot; if you flick a spot or two of water in the oil and it really sizzles then it is hot enough.
- 8Quickly pour in all the batter and add the sausages, spaced a bit apart.
- 9Cook for 30 to 40 minutes .
- 10Lovely served with fresh vegetables of your choice and a gravy. I often freeze gravy to use with this type of dish.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Toad in the Hole - Traditional
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 446.0
- Calories from Fat 264
- Total Fat 29.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 121.9 mg
- Sodium 872.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 19.1 g