Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A wonderful comfort food. Sausages nestled in Yorkshire pudding. Enjoyed be everyone. Easy to make and inexpensive.
- Sift flour and salt into a bowl.
- Add beaten egg, along with some of the milk; beat for a minute or two.
- Add remaining milk.
- Place the batter mixture into the refrigerator for an hour or so to get really cold.
- Preheat oven 420 degrees Fahrenheit (210 degrees Celsius).
- Use a medium roasting dish and place oil in the pan.
- Heat in the oven until the oil is really hot; if you flick a spot or two of water in the oil and it really sizzles then it is hot enough.
- Quickly pour in all the batter and add the sausages, spaced a bit apart.
- Cook for 30 to 40 minutes .
- Lovely served with fresh vegetables of your choice and a gravy. I often freeze gravy to use with this type of dish.
Joy, this was great! I have made it twice now and the family can't eat it fast enough!! The first time I left it in for a bit too long and the pudding part browned too much, but the second attempt was perfect. I served it with a thyme and onion gravy and a simple green salad on the side. Thanks for a great recipe!
I never thought something so simple would taste so good! the ingredients leads you to believe it may be lacking in flavor but not at all, I made this because of the photo and after begging for the recipe forgot to review it, I am sorry JoyfulCook, this was really good and I will make it again, thank you.