From our state paper and their feature of Recipes Through the Ages. Times are estimated and have not included time for batter to rest (15 minutes to 3 hours tops).
- Combine eggs, milk, water, mustard and seasoning and add liquid mixture to flour and whisk vigorously to eliminate any lumps.
- The consistency should resemble pouring cream.
- Rest the batter for more than 15 minutes but no more than a few hours.
- Preheat oven to 220C or as hot as it can go.
- Meanwhile lightly brown the sausages in a fry pan.
- Place sunflower oil into a loaf tin and place it in the oven to preheat until smoking.
- Working briskly, pour the batter into the hot oil (cautin -- it will spit and sizzle).
- Arrange the sausages int he batter.
- Transfer the tin into the oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until puffed and golden.
really good ,2 c milk 1 c water 1 c flour i used 3 eggs cause mine were smaller used breakfast sausages mr picky loved this very easy