Recipe by angelina ballerina
mmmm. Traditional british food, I cook this with veg sausages and onion gravy, but it works with good pork sausages too. I will warn that yorkshire pudding doesnt work quite as well in drier climates, but a tip I have heard is to add a pan of water to the bottom of your oven while baking. Never tried it myself being in the U.K, but give it a go.
- 4 -6 large vegetarian sausages or 4 -6 large pork sausage
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup white flour
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- while oven is heating (or you are cooking something else), blend milk eggs salt and flour until you have a runny pancake like batter.
- Let the batter stand for up to an hour for best results, if in a hurry dont worry about it Place sausages and oil in a large oven proof dish and bake in oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and pour batter over sausages, ensure the oil in dish is smoking hot.
- Return to oven and cook at 200 degrees C, bottom oven for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 180C and continue to bake for 15 minutes-- DO NOT OPEN YOUR OVEN UNTIL DONE.
- Remove from oven when pudding in crisp and golden.
- Serve with a selection of veg and gravy.
- For Vegetarian use Vegetarian sausage and use a meatless gravy.