- 1 ounce butter
- 1 lb sausage (links or sliced patties, seasoned with sage or other herbs, OR vegetarian sausages, seasoned to your)
- 4 ounces flour
- 1 egg (or equivalent egg substitute)
- 10 ounces milk
- Pre-heat oven to 425 (220 C/ Gas 7).
- Place butter and sausages in a 10" x 12" roasting pan.
- Cook for 10 minutes, or until they are done to your liking.
- Sift the flour into a bowl.
- Break in the egg.
- Gradually add half the milk, beating to form a smooth batter.
- Pour in the remaining milk and beat until quite smooth.
- Alternatively, add the flour, milk and egg to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the roasting pan and bake for 40-45 minutes, until the batter is well risen and golden.