Prep 2 mins
Cook 8 mins
found this recipe in a magazine while waiting at the doctors office one day. not sure how old the magazine was, but this looked neat and i decided to try it on my kids. They LOVED it! now they cant get filled up on their toast before even touching their eggs. *I usually add a side of 2 half pieces of bacon to add some meat to the dish, other than that, its great on its own.
- Cut a hole in the middle of each slice of bread with a medium sized round cookie cutter.
- Preheat a frying pan over medium high heat.
- Spray pan with cooking spray.
- When the pan gets hot, place bread in the pan making sure it is flat on the bottom of the pan.
- Crack each egg into the hole of each slice of bread.
- Cook eggs however you would normally cook them.i.e. sunny side up, over easy, over medium.,,.
- Sprinkle cheese over top at the last minute of cooking.
I've made these for years and my kids love them. I use a heart shape cookie cutter and cook the cut out heart too and put it on top before I serve them. I call them 'love nests'.
Classic yumminess! My kiddo loved this and so did I. I loved the cheese; that was a new addition for us! Thanks for sharing.