Recipe by Anna P.
These muffins sound like they are very healthy for you, and pretty easy to make. Another one of my great finds. To your health. Enjoy
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup natural bran
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup grated carrot (about 4)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 cup buttermilk or 1 cup sour milk
- 1⁄4 cup corn oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend together in large bowl flour, bran, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, carrots and raisins.
- In second bowl, beat buttermilk, oil, egg and vanilla.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients and mix just until moistened.
- Spoon into 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups.
- Bake at 375F for 20 minutes.
- (To sour-milk, put 1 tbsp. vinegar into 1 cup measure. Fill with milk. Let stand for 5 minutes.).