Recipe by Bekah49036
I threw this together the other day while I was trying to use up some bananas that were going bad. It turned out way better than I could have hoped for. SO MOIST. I gobbled up an entire loaf in one day. Nuts could be added for a great crunch as well. Enjoy!
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 very ripe bananas
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 1⁄2 cups apples, diced
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt and set aside.
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl.
- Add applesauce, eggs, vanilla, raisins, apple, carrots and butter; mix well.
- Slowing add dry ingredients to the banana mixture and mix until just blended.
- Lightly grease 2 loaf pans and divide mixture between the two.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.