Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
OK this is sooooooooo Good. I could eat this 3 times a night and not get sick of it. Zesty and spicy and very tasty.The tomatoes really add to the flavor
- 1 large fresh zucchini
- 1 can tomatoes seasoned with basil garlic & oregano
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- low-fat parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt, with parsley seasoning (Lowrey's)
- fresh basil
- fresh oregano
- salt and pepper
- pam butter-flavored cooking spray
- Chop finely the onion.
- Slice the zucchini (not to thick).
- Saute the zucchini with the onion, garlic.
- Add all your seasonings.
- Saute this for a few minutes in a pan sprayed with butter pam.
- Do not saute too long as you do not want the zucchini soft.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer few minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve on plates adding parmesan cheese on top.
Try adding some dinner sausage - delish!
This is a great way to cook zucchini! It's fast, easy and so good! We planted some basil and oregano along with the zucchini this year and it's amazing how flavorful these fresh herbs are. They really enhanced the flavor of the zucchini and tomatoes. I also added a pinch of red pepper flakes. I plan to make this often during zucchini season!
I make something similar to this during the summer with the fresh from the garden zucchini, tomatoes and herbs. We love it, and sometimes even add pasta and call it a full meal.