Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is the ultimate vegetable casserole, and the almonds on top really give it a delicious crunch. You won't want to share!
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) can canned corn niblets
- 1 (15 ounce) can green beans
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 cup of crushed Ritz cracker
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄4 cup of melted butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine celery, sour cream, shredded cheese, corn, green beans, onion, and cream of celery soup in a large bowl, and mix well.
- Press into a medium casserole dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix melted butter, crushed crackers and almonds, and spread over top of the mixture of veggies.
- Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes (should be brown and bubbling).
I had this assembled in the early am and just popped it in the oven later that evening. I used saltines and ordinary chopped peanuts (did not have almonds and the peanuts were just great. Nice easy veggie dish.
The flavor of this dish was just ok for us, which is surprising since we like the ingredients. The celery soup taste was a little offputting. Next time I will try french onions on top instead of the almond mixture and a different type of soup.
This recipe is very tasty and easy to put together! The flavors go well with holiday meat -- we ate this with our Easter ham. Instead of the almond topping, I used French onions which worked out quite well. A great recipe!