Recipe by Baker baker Jess
These are so good and ridiculously easy to make. I usually make these during the holidays and people really enjoy them.
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 8 ounces dark sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- finely chopped nuts
- unsweetened cocoa
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In 2 quart saucepan, combine whipping cream and chocolate. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. This should take between 2-4 minutes.
- Stir in butter until melted.
- Cool to room temperature. (about 30 minutes).
- Stir in vanilla. Cover and refrigerate until firm enough to shape. (at least 8 hours).
- To make truffles, shape teaspoonful size mixture into 1 inch balls. Roll in optional topping.
- Refrigerate until firm (at least 2 hours).