Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 mins
These are so good and ridiculously easy to make. I usually make these during the holidays and people really enjoy them.
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 8 ounces dark sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- finely chopped nuts
- unsweetened cocoa
- powdered sugar
- In 2 quart saucepan, combine whipping cream and chocolate. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. This should take between 2-4 minutes.
- Stir in butter until melted.
- Cool to room temperature. (about 30 minutes).
- Stir in vanilla. Cover and refrigerate until firm enough to shape. (at least 8 hours).
- To make truffles, shape teaspoonful size mixture into 1 inch balls. Roll in optional topping.
- Refrigerate until firm (at least 2 hours).
These are so addicting and easy to make!! Made for my holiday trays and will be a new addition every year!! Made for Lets P-A-R-T-Y ~2010.
Made these for Memorial Day weekend for my grandkids. I started them the day before because of waiting time, (which was the hardest part for me, hehe) and they were yummy! Rich and creamy! They really are easy to make and well worth trying!