Recipe by KitchenManiac
This is a such a simple recipe for a tiramisu, but all so good. Try it! You won't regret it! Cook time includes chill time.
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, ground fine
- 6 ounces dark espresso, cooled
- 1⁄2 cup brandy or 1 cup brandy, and no marsala
- 1⁄2 cup marsala
- 36 ladyfingers (DRY ITALIAN "OR" SAVOY BISCUITS)
- 7 eggs, yolks and whites separated
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄4 lbs mascarpone
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the coffee with the half of the brandy and half of the marsala.
- place half the ladyfingers tightly together on the bottom of a shallow 3- to 4-quart glass serving dish and splash them with half the coffee mixture so they are soaked (but do not leave any unabsorbed liquid in the dish).
- in a mixing bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the sugar and the remaining brandy and marsala until the eggs are light and foamy.
- Add the mascarpone and continue to whisk until the mixture is smooth.
- in another bowl, whip the egg whites to firm peaks and fold them into the mascarpone cream.
- spread half this mixture over the ladyfingers, and then, using half the ground chocolate, cover the cream mixture with an even layer.
- sprinkle the remaining ladyfingers with the rest of the coffee mixture and layer them in the dish.
- then, cover them with the remaining mascarpone cream, and then with the remaining chocolate.
- refrigerate for at least 5 hours.