Recipe by ~Nimz~
Adopted from Recipe Zaar. I haven't made this yet, but will shortly and make any alterations I think need to be made. Serving sizes will depend on how much spaghetti you make.
Top Review by bitch'n kitchen
I made this for my husband [I am on a diet] who had never had spaghetti carbonara before. He likes all the ingredients but did not like the end result. He thought it was too dry, not creamy enough. I think its a personal preference thing though. He likes fettuccine alfredo a lot and thats more his type of thing.
- good first cold press extra virgin olive oil, 1/2 inch in large saute pan (Don't skimp on oil quality!)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced, to taste
- 1 chopped onion, to taste
- 8-12 slice pancetta, thick slices (Italian bacon)
- 4 eggs
- 2 (907.18 g) package spaghetti (use your good judgement on quanity, we eat alot!..you may not!)
- 473.18 ml fresh grated parmesan cheese (Again, don't skimp on quality!) or 473.18 ml parmigiano-reggiano cheese (Again, don't skimp on quality!)
- crushed red pepper flakes
- salt & fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put 1/2 inch of olive oil in sauté pan.
- Add 2 cloves (or more) chopped garlic, onion and bacon cut into small squares.
- Let simmer 30 minutes, don't let mixture boil!
- During last 10 minutes of simmering add crushed red pepper flakes if using (I used 1 teaspoon).
- In bowl, beat 4 eggs with lots of salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Cook spaghetti until al dente.
- Drain and immediately add egg mixture to pasta. (The pasta needs to be real hot in order for the eggs to cook).
- Stir until eggs are cooked.
- Mix into sauté pan and finish with the grated cheese.