1/4 Photos of To Die for Spaghetti Carbonara by Tom Cruise
1 hr 5 mins
Adopted from Recipe Zaar. I haven't made this yet, but will shortly and make any alterations I think need to be made. Serving sizes will depend on how much spaghetti you make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- good first cold press extra virgin olive oil, 1/2 inch in large saute pan (Don't skimp on oil quality!)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced, to taste
- 1 chopped onion, to taste
- 8 -12 slices pancetta, thick slices (Italian bacon)
- 4 eggs
- 2 (16 ounce) packages spaghetti (use your good judgement on quanity, we eat alot!..you may not!)
- 2 cups fresh grated parmesan cheese (Again, don't skimp on quality!) or 2 cups parmigiano-reggiano cheese (Again, don't skimp on quality!)
- crushed red pepper flakes
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1Put 1/2 inch of olive oil in sauté pan.
- 2Add 2 cloves (or more) chopped garlic, onion and bacon cut into small squares.
- 3Let simmer 30 minutes, don't let mixture boil!
- 4During last 10 minutes of simmering add crushed red pepper flakes if using (I used 1 teaspoon).
- 5In bowl, beat 4 eggs with lots of salt and fresh ground pepper.
- 6Cook spaghetti until al dente.
- 7Drain and immediately add egg mixture to pasta. (The pasta needs to be real hot in order for the eggs to cook).
- 8Stir until eggs are cooked.
- 9Mix into sauté pan and finish with the grated cheese.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for To Die for Spaghetti Carbonara by Tom Cruise
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 764.0
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 153.3 mg
- Sodium 567.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 117.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 37.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: