1/4 Photos of To Die for Spaghetti Carbonara by Tom Cruise
1 hr 5 mins
Adopted from Recipe Zaar. I haven't made this yet, but will shortly and make any alterations I think need to be made. Serving sizes will depend on how much spaghetti you make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- good first cold press extra virgin olive oil, 1/2 inch in large saute pan (Don't skimp on oil quality!)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced, to taste
- 1 chopped onion, to taste
- 8 -12 slices pancetta, thick slices (Italian bacon)
- 4 eggs
- 2 (16 ounce) packages spaghetti (use your good judgement on quanity, we eat alot!..you may not!)
- 2 cups fresh grated parmesan cheese (Again, don't skimp on quality!) or 2 cups parmigiano-reggiano cheese (Again, don't skimp on quality!)
- crushed red pepper flakes
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1Put 1/2 inch of olive oil in sauté pan.
- 2Add 2 cloves (or more) chopped garlic, onion and bacon cut into small squares.
- 3Let simmer 30 minutes, don't let mixture boil!
- 4During last 10 minutes of simmering add crushed red pepper flakes if using (I used 1 teaspoon).
- 5In bowl, beat 4 eggs with lots of salt and fresh ground pepper.
- 6Cook spaghetti until al dente.
- 7Drain and immediately add egg mixture to pasta. (The pasta needs to be real hot in order for the eggs to cook).
- 8Stir until eggs are cooked.
- 9Mix into sauté pan and finish with the grated cheese.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for To Die for Spaghetti Carbonara by Tom Cruise
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 764.0
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 153.3 mg
- Sodium 567.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 117.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 37.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: