Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
I LOVE THIS DISH. I have ne'er had anything so delicious in my house in vegetarian food. This is a speciality of Punjabi's, my mom is one luckily:) The more I praise this, the less it is, this dish has won the praises and hearts of so so many people, that I could write a book to tell you. Need I say more? :) Try it, you HAVE TO love it. Please do let me know about this one.
Top Review by Mini Ravindran
Try heating one tablespoon of pure ghee or butter. Add a pinch of asfoetida, mustard seeds and few curry leaves to it and when they begin to splutter add the same to your rajma curry before eating..it will enrich the taste further. Smiles Mini
- 300 g rajma, soaked overnight
- 2 medium onions, grated
- 3 glasses water
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon garam masala, to garnish
- 2 teaspoons cilantro, cut fine to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Put rajma in a cooker.
- Add in all the other ingredients except cilantro and garam masala.
- Add water.
- Put on the cooker on the gas.
- After one whistle, cook on slow flame for 30 minutes.
- Remove and see if the rajma is tender.
- Mix well to make a thick gravy.
- Put into a serving dish.
- Garnish with cilantro and garam masala.
- Serve immediately with hot rotis.
- ENJOY THIS DELICIOUS OIL-FREE DISH AND THINK OF ME.