1 hr 5 mins
Rozanne in Texas's Note:
Don't drink the wine while your making this soup. I once drank the wine while I was cooking and added too much cheese. Oops! It took me over 12 years to find a recipe. I got this from All Recipes and messed with it to get it to MY liking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 red potatoes, washed, unpeeled
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 quart half-and-half, divided
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 6 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1/4 lb bacon, crispy fried, chopped
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom & garlic soup
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2-1 cup white wine
- 1Sauté celery and onion in 1 TBS of bacon grease.
- 2Add bacon, celery, onion, thyme, salt, pepper, chicken bouillon cubes, all but 1 C of the half-n-half, and all of the white wine to chopped potatoes.
- 3Add enough water to cover the potatoes and boil.
- 4During the last 15 minutes of cooking the potatoes, remove ½ of the soup and mash in a food processor until it is a mashed potato consistency. Return to pot.
- 5Add the parsley, can of creamed soup and the remainder of half-n-half.
- 6Cook for another 15 minutes.
- 7Top with green onions and bacon. Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for To Die for Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (440 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 532.8
- Calories from Fat 282
- Total Fat 31.4 g
- Saturated Fat 17.1 g
- Cholesterol 84.4 mg
- Sodium 1030.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 17.3 g