1/7 Photos of To Die for Make-Ahead Mashed Potatoes
2 hrs 45 mins
Helping Hands's Note:
These are the BEST mashed potatoes EVER! And they are so user-friendly because you can make them the night before. I never take these anywhere without people begging me for the recipe. Once you make these, you will never want to make them any other way. Also great in twice-baked potatoes. And, if you need really easy, buy pre-cooked mashed potatoes, add from these ingredients, stir, and re-heat in microwave. Tastes almost as good as home-made! My favorite way to cook these are in the crockpot! EDIT: Please note that I have always cooked these in the crockpot and have never baked them; I have gotten new feedback that they taste FAR BETTER if cooked in the crockpot, so this is now my only recommendation for cooking source.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 medium potatoes
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chives
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 pinch marjoram (optional)
- 1/2-1 cup thinly sliced green onion
- bacon bits or 2 slices cooked crumpled bacon
- 1Boil potatoes until tender.
- 2Beat softened cream cheese and sour cream in mixing bowl.
- 3Add hot potatoes and beat until smooth, adding small amounts of milk as needed.
- 4Add butter, chives, salt, pepper and onion powder and beat until well-mixed.
- 5Add garlic, green onions, and marjoram and beat until well-mixed.
- 6Pour into either casserole dish or crockpot.
- 7Dot with additional butter and sprinkle with paprika.
- 8Bake for 25 minutes in 350°F oven or cook on low in crockpot for 2-3 hours. If cooked in crockpot, add a few additional drops of butter and stir, just before serving.
- 9Sprinkle with Bacon Bits or crumpled bacon just before serving.
- 10NOTE: Can be refrigerated overnight in either casserole dish or crockpot.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for To Die for Make-Ahead Mashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 373.0
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 61.4 mg
- Sodium 615.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 6.9 g