Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Serve this and your family will BEG you to make it again and again! A favorite among my friends and family.
- 1 (16 ounce) small curd cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 lb dry lasagna noodle (requires 9 lasagna noodles, unbroken)
- 1 (26 ounce) Prego spaghetti sauce (Traditional)
- 1 lb ground turkey (can use lean ground beef)
- 1 lb pre-shredded mozzarella cheese
- Begin Boiling Noodles.
- Next Brown Ground Turkey till Pink.
- Drain Grease.
- Add Prego Sauce and let simmer.
- While Sauce is heating and noodles are boiling:In large mixing bowl add cottage cheese, cream cheese, sour cream.
- Mix really well until smooth.
- Sprinkle parsley flakes until evenly seen in mixture.
- To Stack (be careful no to add too much sauce to the bottom layer): In a 13 x 9 dish, arrange 3 Noodles on the bottom, add an even layer of tomato sauce.
- Arrange 3 Noodles and add the whole bowl of cream cheese mixture.
- Arrange 3 Noodles and add an even layer of sauce.
- Cook for 40 minutes
- Sprinkle whole bag of mozzarella cheese on top, cook for 10 minutes.
- Cool and serve.
This is very easy to make and very tasty! I did use ground beef (it's what I had) sauteed with 2 cloves of garlic, but otherwise I followed the rest of the recipe. The flavors were great and it is very rich. I am tempted to make only 1/2 of the cheese mixture next time, but we will see how the leftovers are today before I decide. My sone ate his whole plate, which says a lot because he can be kinda picky!
This lasagna is great!! I love the creaminess that the cheeses/sour cream provide. I also used ground beef instead of turkey. I'm looking forward to making it again soon!
I can attest to this Lasagna recipe's greatness: I've been AUSTIN DAWN's dinner guest many times, and love when she serves this. Just how much do I love it? I am lactose-intolerant and *should* avoid dairy; however, I make sure I have a lot of lactase enzyme caplets ready to take so I can enjoy this in its original form (I've told Dawn "Don't use any substitutions! Include all the dairy that's necessary to make it the way it's best!").