1/1 Photo of To-Die-For Hot Chocolate
I worked at a lovely French cafe and have done my best to duplicate the fabulous hot chocolate there! Feel free to fool around and add more chocolate or milk as your tastebuds require! You can use the general recipe and add spices (cloves and cinnamon are great) as well as using other types of alcohol - Cointreau, vodka and whiskey are popular.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat milk on the stove at the lowest level until small bubbles appear.
- 2While the milk is heating, add approximately 1/8 cup of boiling water to the chocolate; stir so that the chocolate becomes thick like a fudge sauce.
- 3Once the milk is hot enough, add the chocolate to the milk and stir constantly for 5-10 minutes until it changes from a lighter brown to a dark brown colour.
- 4Remove from heat.
- 5To serve, place one spoonful of instant coffee in the cup.
- 6Add one shot of rum and stir to dissolve coffee granules.
- 7Add the hot chocolate and top with whipped cream (homemade vanilla cream is best!) and chocolate shavings.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for To-Die-For Hot Chocolate
Serving Size: 1 (258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 374.8
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.0 g
- Cholesterol 18.3 mg
- Sodium 82.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 10.3 g