My Mom made these for me when I was young, only a more plain version. I have since added different things to make it the way I like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Toast the bread.
- 2Spread the mayonnaise on both pieces of toast.
- 3Heat the pan and use butter or light extra virgin olive oil to fry the egg.
- 4I love the yolk so I cook mine over easy so the yolk is runny on the sandwich, yum!
- 5For mine, since I like the runny yolk, there isn't enough time to put the cheese on when I flip over the egg so it goes on after the egg is on the toast.
- 6Toss the slice of ham into the pan to heat through real fast; add on top of the cheese.
- 7That is all I do for the basic sandwich.
- 8Extras I like to add on depending on what I have on hand are 1/4 of an avocado sliced, or tomato slices.
- 9I have to say if you like your yolks runny then the avocado is a must, the two go together perfectly. Hubby likes to put some chalula hot sauce on his sandwich also.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for To Die for Fried Egg Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.2
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 232.7 mg
- Sodium 895.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 14.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
extra-sharp cheddar cheese