Recipe by msjill111
This recipe is from Erin M Seelert from Allrecipes. It's the best around however I have altered her recipe just a little so there's a little more sauce-I like extra to dip bread sticks in. It's very creamy but the butter does break it down when reheated but if you add some milk or cream to it it perks right back up. I make it and put it all in a crockpot and keep on warm for neighborhood parties and such-it keeps it from breaking down fast. I usually make it an hour or so ahead of time and by the time I get where I'm going it's perfect. If you feel that it's not thickening up fast enough turn heat up. I'ave also added shrimp to this recipe and it was great!!!
- 12 ounces fettuccine
- 1 cup butter
- 1 pint heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- 1 -2 dash garlic salt, to taste
- 1 cup freshly grated romano cheese
- 3⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add fettuccine and cook 8-10 minutes or until al dente: drain.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter into cream over low heat.
- Add salt, pepper and garlic salt.
- Stir in cheese over meduim heat until melted, this will thicken the sauce.
- At this point is when I take a few spoonfuls out for dipping bread.
- Add pasta to the sauce.
- Use enough of the pasta so that all the sauce is used and the pasta is thoroughly coated.
- Serve immediately.