1/7 Photos of To Die for Crescent Rolls
I really like the idea of being able to 'prepare' a yeast item the night before. These were just so easy to do, no fussing around. I found I had to postpone the baking the next day, so the dough was in the fridge for two nights... with no ill effects. Also, I only baked 1 'round' --with the other one going to bake tomorrow.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1**prepare the night before.
- 2Put Crisco and salt in glass measuring cup.
- 3add the 1 cup of boiling water.
- 4stir till dissolved and becomes lukewarm.
- 5Dissolve yeast in the warm water.
- 6Beat the eggs with the sugar till well beaten.
- 7Add the lukewarm Crisco mixture and the dissolved yeast.
- 8Add 2 cups of flour, mix in well, then add the remaining flour, mix in well.
- 9Add sufficient flour to make a'kneadable' dough, and knead it lightly till well mixed.
- 10Put into a bowl (covered) overnite in the frig.
- 11Cut the dough in half.
- 12Roll into two 'rounds'-- 1/4 inch thickness.
- 13Spread with soft butter, cut into pie shaped wedges and roll into 'crescents'.
- 14Put on a parchment (or silpat) lined baking sheet and let rise till approximately double in size.
- 15Bake at 375 degrees about 8- 10 minutes, until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for To Die for Crescent Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (1096 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 136.6
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 15.5 mg
- Sodium 103.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 2.8 g