Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Made it, ate it, love it!!!!
Make and share this To Die for Chocolate Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 226.79 g semisweet chocolate pieces
- 158.51 ml butter
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 4 eggs
- 59.16 ml flour
- 59.16 ml unsweetened cocoa powder
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 59.16 ml sour cream
- 158.51 ml heavy cream or 158.51 ml whipping cream
- 255.14 g semisweet chocolate pieces
- Oven Temp ~ 350° Baking Time ~ 50 minute.
- Preheat oven.
- Line your cake tin (3 inches tall) with greaseproof or other non-stick paper and grease the tin.
- Melt chocolate pieces with butter over hot water.
- Beat together the eggs and sugar, mix in flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and vanilla extract.
- Slowly fold in the melted butter and chocolate mix along with the sour cream.
- Bake at suggested temperature until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool the cake.
- FROSTING. Heat the heavy cream or whipping cream in a sauce pan, stirring so that it does not burn. Do Not Boil.
- Remove from heat, add semisweet chocolate pieces, stir until smooth, and let it cool until in thickens.
- Frost the cake.
- Put the cake into the fridge for one hour or more to harden the frosting. This cake should be room temperature when served.