Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Made it, ate it, love it!!!!
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate pieces
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 2⁄3 cup heavy cream or 2⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 9 ounces semisweet chocolate pieces
- Oven Temp ~ 350° Baking Time ~ 50 minute.
- Preheat oven.
- Line your cake tin (3 inches tall) with greaseproof or other non-stick paper and grease the tin.
- Melt chocolate pieces with butter over hot water.
- Beat together the eggs and sugar, mix in flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and vanilla extract.
- Slowly fold in the melted butter and chocolate mix along with the sour cream.
- Bake at suggested temperature until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool the cake.
- FROSTING. Heat the heavy cream or whipping cream in a sauce pan, stirring so that it does not burn. Do Not Boil.
- Remove from heat, add semisweet chocolate pieces, stir until smooth, and let it cool until in thickens.
- Frost the cake.
- Put the cake into the fridge for one hour or more to harden the frosting. This cake should be room temperature when served.